Kissimmee, Florida

First off let me start off with the fact that when I first signed up it was great. I had a location near each of my jobs and near my home.

Got everyone I knew to sign up and it was just peachy.

After being with the gym paying faithfully for mine and two other memberships for a year I descided to RENEW my contract. Oh what a HUGE mistake. I was continually charged for both memberships for over 6 months.

When I caught it on my credit card and called to get them to correct it they told me there was nothing they could do I would just have to pay anyway. Pay for two memberships to the same gym???? I'm so confused. Luckily I have the wonderful american express company that I sent both contracts to and they are getting my money back.

This has been going on since december and surprise I just got a letter form yet another company actting in their behalf stating that my account is being sent to collection.

Even though my american express states they have recieved money since december for my active contract. lol Someone please explain to me why I'm liable for there mistakes???

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Small, no-brain Managers, Wanna be trainers, Expensive, One bathroom for men, One for ladies...If you gotta \"take your time in there\" well, you are up Sh*ts Creek. You gotta hold it.

One shower made for midgets.

Contracts are a MUST..$40 bucks for access cards..WTF. Should be called \"Tiny-time Fitness\".

STAFF SUCKS..PLACE IS SMALL..TRAINERS ARE NOT QUALIFIED..JUST GYM RATS LOOKING FOR A JOB. THEY MADE BIG PROMISES WHEN THEY OPENED..TURNED OUT TO BE A JOKE OF A GYM..

I SIGNED UP AND TRIED TO CANCEL THE NEXT WEEK, BUT THE *** MANAGER SAID I WOULD HAVE TO CALL ABC.

GOT NO WHERE WITH THAT.

I AM ON A MISSION TO TELL EVERYONE..IT'S A BIG JOKE AND THE EMPLOYEES ARE RUDE AND IS LOOKING LIKE IT WILL BE A ALL AFRICAN AMERICAN CLUB..HINT!! :(

Yeah don't get me wrong the owners of the sites I visited were nice and that's important, but what's even more important is not having wrongful charges against you and then having to fight to get it back. Mostly the ABC fin.

is who was rude uncoorperative and unwilling to help. In saying that if he is from corporate I would like to ask do you always make a habit of not returning calls? I called the corporate office thinking surely the confusion could be sorted out there but to no avail. I would like to say your automatic cancellation and three month late claim when a dispute is filed against you is cute but I won't be paying those fees either.

I feel sorry for anyone who has fell vitim to these ridiculous polices but I will not be one of them.

Luckily for me the people at American Express are amazing and I've already got most of my money back. I really hate that it could have been solved without all the time and energy I've had to put in but I just won't lay down and give up, sorry you have the wrong consumer for that.

Jason, corporate shill for Anytime Fitness is posting everywhere on complaint sites "representing" the "good guys". Understand each franchisee runs their own show and the fact that one owner actually has a heart would not change the fact most don't!

Read all over this complaint site and you will come to realize Jason is just a shill being paid by corporate to troll and perform damage control posts.

Fake name, fake owner, but a real POS! The gigs up!!!

It appears Jason, our local AF owner is now slumming the complaint sites adding his "expertise". He probably owns one club and has no influence on any other franchise.

Call AF corp? Don't bother, it won't be worth the cell minute usage.

This is what this company is now relegated to.....defend our service with a shill. Read several complaints on this site and you will see Jason is just spitting in the wind.

Sad but true on the untrained employees. At my club, my staff knows how to resolve problems like these.

Frankly, your issues can be resolved with ABC by a club employee provided they know what they are doing. Have you tried contacting the franchise owner directly?

As for being liable, the business can be liable for those mistakes especially when it concerns your credit. Hopefully the franchise owner can get it resolved.

@Jason - Anytime Fitness Owner

Jason so claimed founder of these franchises you don't interven when you see these kinda complaints? After all that's suppose to be appeal of your franchise is to assist the franchise owners on how to run a sucessful gym.

Most of these franchise owners have the $$$$ but not skills to a sucessful gym. I would think as a man who owns such a franchise set up as your is supposed to be, instead of saying hopefully the franchise owner does something why don't you care enough to reach out and protect your brand! I'll help you out greed!

I know a new fitness franchise start up that group been in business for 20+ years that will help there franchises owner and protect their image!

OR ALL THE TIME! This is a very consistent occurrence in the 24/7 fitness club business model.

Low paid and untrained employees staff these low budget clubs and franchisee owners continue waiting for the big payoff that most will never experience. (unless bankruptcy is your cup of tea!) ABC Financial will continue to pound club members into submission (collections), whether it was the fault of the member or not.

When you sign up for one of these 24/7 fitness clubs, don't be surprised if you end up paying a lot more than what you agreed to. BUYER BEWARE!