Jeffersonville, Indiana

The gym owner Chris Furlow debited over $800.00 for the last year-and-a-half from my bank account, and I did not know about it! My wife and I moved out of town and called to cancel our membership; instead, Chris suggested that we suspend the membership and follow up in a few months.

He never called us, never emailed us, and never in any way reached out . . . ever.

So we thought our membership lapsed, like an insurance policy or cable hookup. Instead, we somehow overlooked the monthly deductions from our financial statement (since we usually checked our account only to ensure our cheques from work were deposited and that rent was paid). After discovering this much to our surprise, we tried to reach Chris several times by phone and email, thinking that this was a mistake, and then I finally called ABC Financial, who handles the accounts at Anytime Fitness. After a whole month, Chris finally emails me and says that he will try to see what can be done about a reimbursement and will follow up later with me and my wife.

After several days go by, I call ABC Financial and discover that Chris already spoke to the reps there and informed them not to issue any reimbursement to me and my wife! So in summation, Chris suspends our membership (when we really just wanted to cancel it), says he will follow up in a few months, does not follow up at all, we receive no notification that the monthly deductions have been reinstated, and then well over a year later decides not to reimburse me and my wife our money! Yes, over $800.00 taken from us; and in my opinion this was really unethical, unprofessional, and just plain slimy.

I will NEVER do business with this man again, and I implore all of you to take your money elsewhere; many other gyms have nicer facilities, better customer service, and an actual code of ethics.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments