Cedar Rapids, Iowa

The business was just purchased by a new owner (Reid) and the place was let go to the point where the same trash that was left on the floor, would be there 3 to 4 days later. No soap, paper towels and equipment is always very dirty.

And I am not that picky either! So, I opted to move to another location. He got mad and canceled my membership Feb 2nd, but still charged me for the entire month. He refuses to credit me for the entire month I was not permitted to use the facility.

The owner is impossible to talk to, and feels like he is King *** there. I was at that location for almost two years and was pleased until he bought the place. I later found out he is part owner of the West St. Paul location as well.

That story will be posted as well. Avoid both locations!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Facility.

Comments

I agree because I experienced all that is written here.

I do not recommend this facility and most definitely do NOT recommend you purchase a personal training contract. Not only will you be hit with the fact that you might be jostled between trainers, they will give you no forewarning!

Oh and also keep in mind that the contract is strictly limited to the facility in which you signed it.

Sadly, in my case I am stuck with it for the next several months, without the option of moving it to another location. I refuse to let this ruin my personal fitness goals but I do want to put out there for those of you who would consider it, I would strongly recommend a big NO for you!

It is all about the $$$. The closer you get to where the franchise originated, the more like corporate they will treat you!

Arrogance and greed are prevalent with 24 hour fitness clubs. Their pitch is making people healthy but the only thing getting healthy is the bottom line for corporate and a hand full of clubs.

The franchisees suffer due to the business model heavily favoring corporate but the arrogance and greedy attitude still permeate the entire 24 hour club industry. BUYER BEWARE!

I agree with the comments made about the Mendota Hights club. It has become a real pit!

I truly cannot wait until my membership runs out so I can leave. After hearing the horror stories of the others that have tried, I will continue to work out here but as soon as I can leave I will and convince my other colleagues to leave with me.

If you really want to join a club, be sure you do your homework and AVOID this one at all costs. All you need to do is to come in and look around, you will understand what is being written about.

:grin (Probably receives regular "face to face" training from corporate. Corporate employee of the month material!) haha

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin