Show Low, Arizona
4.3

Long story short....I moved out of state after losing my late husband. I moved in May. The contract I signed stated that if you move and there is no Anytime Fitness within a 20 mile range, you can cancel your membership with no penalties. Well, the nearest one is an hour and a half away.

I Made contact with them in May and the staff member stated "ok, we will notate your account and send us documentation of residence. I allowed another payment to be taken out on June 21st. I went back for a family visit and personally hand delivered my documentation. Well, that paperwork never reached the correct hands and they never notated my account. So, in October, i was told by "C****" that my new balance was $152. I told him that was incorrect and he asked for documentation. I stated "I gave ya'll documentation in July. He said, "well, we don't have it!" I never heard back from C**** after explaining to him, why I was disputing the amount and that my balance was zero. Well, i received a bill from a collection agency today, for $740. I called the collection company and explained the situation. His reply to me was "Anytime Fitness doesn't settle!" So, I call the Georgetown location and am told that "C****" was fired and I'm not the first person that has had this issue. The lovely corporate ladies will not help me! Their reply through email, "Well, now you are in collections!"

Bottom line is this....It is only money, but if you rightly don't owe it, shame on them!

Advoce to all....don't join Anytime Fitness. You have no rights when signing their contact.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Wow, they put you through the ringer. I feel so bad for you.

You sound like you have a great attitude, don't lose that even though they are being totally unreasonable. You may want to get some legal advice ( even just a phone call to a lawyer ).

Thanks for the advice, I was seriously considering joining them.

Stay strong , Girl!!