Bradenton, Florida
1.4K views

I had paid for a 6 month training that was to end in June. I tried cancelling in APRIL and they told me it was a contract and there was nothing they could do.

I continued paying until June, then BOOM membership fees every month following TO THIS DAY. I have contacted the club I was going to, spoke with every manager, even went to CORPORATE and STILL was told there was nothing they could do because I didn't fill out the form. I'm sorry.... I thought emails back and forth stating I wanted to cancel and a response saying "okay, it will be taken care of" was good enough.

Now I have been fighting tooth and nail with the company AND my bank to stop the payments. The bank now says they cannot help me since I had no hard proof I cancelled. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I was told NUMEROUS TIMES they would email me the cancellation form- that each time, they "conveniently" forgot to do!!

Then after numerous voicemails, no returned calls. HOW IS THAT MY FAULT?! I HAVE NOT STEPPED FOOT IN THAT CLUB SINCE APRIL 2012. IT'S DECEMBER 2012.

GIVE ME MY *** MONEY BACK- EVERY PENNY- AND STOP CHARGING ME FOR A MEMBERSHIP I NEVER HAD IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! I ONLY HAD A 6 MONTH TRAINING. The "membership fee" should have NEVER began in the first place!!! Unreal!!

These people truly are crooks. And they have no shame! They simply don't care. Millions of dollars in their pockets daily, and they refuse to refund my measely couple hundred and continue to STEAL my money EVERY MONTH on the 26th.

DO NOT JOIN THEIR CLUB. On a side note: My boyfriend was a member of their gym for 2 years and when he cancelled, the same thing happened to him. He ended up having to get a new bank account to stop them from taking his money.

THIS HAPPENS TO HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE DAILY. Save your money and go somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Personal Training.

Comments

The problem is that even if you fill out the cancellation form, Anytime Fitness continues to charge you for two months after.

Don't sign up with gyms that behave this way. It is better to purchase a prepaid membership at Costco for a gym in the area.

Many Costcos offer 24 Hour fitness memberships. Even the Super club is less costly than Anytime and it is far better.

Bottom line - don't get into a contract and don't use Anytime. Just look around at their reputation on-line.

Stay away from this gym. These complaints are consistent with all Anytime Fitness gyms. This is a perfect opportunity for a class action lawsuit.

I do not own a anytime fitness but have owned a health club for 20 years. It is standard business practice to keep charging for a membership until the member puts in writing on a concellation form that they quit.

EVERY club that has you sign a contract has that in writing. You should have read the contract before signing it!!!!! The ONLY way to stop charges is to personally go into the club and sign the form.

This is not a scam of anytime fitness it is normal contract practice. EVERYONE READ YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING!!!!

@WJSC16

I heard these same cancelation horror stories prior to leaving L.A. Fitness, so I downloaded the cancelation letter, completed it, and sent it registered mail to their corporate office.

The process worked as advertised, and I was never charged an additional penny.

Bottom line: if you do things their official way (and not what some rep says), it gets resolved. Oh, and READ YOUR CONTRACT BEFORE SIGNING!

I find it very hard to believe you would try to do all this thru emails??? Since it did not work, thats when I would have my *** in the office myself, sign the papers with the proof you cancelled, and then see what happens..this seems YOUR OWN fault!!!!!!!! duhhhh