Newcastle, New South Wales

I was a member of Anytime Fitness (AF) Rutherford, NSW, Australia and joined the gym in the pre opening membership sale as it was the only gym nearby. Fast forward a year to me moving away for university studies and while I am back in the area, I stop in to speak to whomever was there and cancel my membership.

After about 15 mins of computer searching, and discussions with Stella (AF employee), it seemed that AF has lost my data and I was not present in the computer system. I was then informed that as I wasn't in the system a formal cancellation wasn't necessary (as there was nothing to remove or change), and that I should not be debited for membership payments again.

Fast forward a month to now, and I find that I have once again been debited the cost of membership.

So after emailing enquiring this, I receive a phone call from Stella, in which I am informed that I have now been entered twice in the system, that I have not cancelled as I have not given any written notification (despite being told that it wasn't necessary, and having had no contact with AF could not have known that circumstances changed)and that a refund of the previous month will not be forthcoming, as I hadn't officially cancelled. It seems to me that AF's horrible management and customer service isn't limited to the USA

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

she had a reputation for this! But it was not encouraged by higher management, the new manager has been horrified with my stories!

Stella no longer works at the gym and there is a more experienced manager running the gym properly. Members are much happier and she deals with all enquiries properly.

She did this kind of thing a lot but it is not something that higher managemeent endorsed. It s what happens when a child is put in charge of a business.

Standard Operating Procedure for this franchised, high employee turnover, low IQ, "make money at any cost" attitude business model. The 24/7 fitness franchises have mastered this process and continue to wreak havoc in the fitness industry. Walk, run or sprint as fast as you can away from this company...and you'll get a free workout in as well.