Newark, Delaware

by Miachelsea

My husband had a membership at anytime fitness in halifax and he told someone who worked there that we were moving to the US. It was not given as an option to cancel only trasfer the membership to the charlotte, nc location. We were not told to fill out any paperwork (which we gladly would have) or pay a fee, just that we had to transfer it.

When we got to charlotte, he e-mailed the manager and he told him to come in and "he would take care of everything for him". Well for the next 4 months we were billed by both companies and no one in Halifax would talk to us and told us we had to deal with the people in Charlotte and the people in Charlotte said we had to deal with the people in Halifax. Round and round it went. I talked to a few people at head office who said that the clubs would not return their calls and there hands were tied. Seriously, corporate office could not do anything. I spoke with the billing company who told me it would be $150 to cancel and that we could have cancelled before and that Halifax office mislead us. By the way, I dealt with a woman named Robin there who was not very nice to me at all.

Now we are moving again and even though the original year contract is over, we need to send our closing statement from our new house indicating our new address (so we can't cancel before we move) and then it will still be 30 days after that and there is also a charge of $50. Seriously, my husband has been to this gym about 7 times and we have paid probably $500. I would NEVER recommend signing a contract with this company!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments