San Antonio, Texas

I am a member of Anytime Fitness. I frequent the location on Dezavala because its near my home.

It opened up a couple years ago. It was nice, clean, and had a neighborhood type of feel to it. They had a few quality trainers who were actually looked like trainers and were obviously knowledgeable.

The party is over.

2 years later, the gym is now dirty, and the owner is non existent I have issues with my key access every week. I have issues with billing every other month. They are double billing me for some reason.

The gym is not kept up, with empty towel dispensers, broken spray bottles, and even the machines are slowly falling apart.

The worst part is now when I come in for my workout in the mornings. I do not have the opportunity to get on my preferred cardio machine or even workout with weights. Management made the decision to hire a slew of personal trainers who have no sense or integrity at all. They take over the cardio machines and take all the free weights. I am stuck with working out with some of the machines. These new hires are dirty, and leave their equipment everywhere or take it all and hold on to it for just their clients.

I have made my complaints known to management, but they have gone on deaf ears.

I joined this gym because it was close, it was clean, and it was easy to get a workout. Now I'm currently searching for another gym. This one has lost the battle. God forbid, they hire another trainer or two.

I hope that the owners or management see this review. I am not the only member that feels this way, there are several of us regular members who workout daily there with similar or much more serious complaints.

ANYTIME FITNESS DEZAVALA - THERE IS NO ROOM TO WORKOUT FOR JUST THE MEMBERS. THE GYM IS GETTING DIRTIER. MANAGEMENT IS NEVER THERE TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS. THE NEW TRAINING STAFF THAT HAS BEEN HIRED ARE UNSOCIABLE, UNCARING, NOT CLEAN AND CARE MORE ABOUT THEIR CLIENTS, THEN THE MEMBERS OF THE GYM.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Personal Trainer.

Comments

I apologize if I've never introduced myself to you! My name is John Giacobbe, I've been a dedicated trainer for 7 full years now.

I assure you that all of our staff at Anytime Fitness ALWAYS puts the best interest of our members FIRST! Please don't hesitate to kindly reach out to myself or any one of us for any questions or assistance you may need.

I've been a part of the gym industry at several "other gyms" and in my opinion THIS club rocks! "GO COUGAR CENTER!!!!!"

Dear Ms. Anonymous,

On the contrary!!

I would like to address your attacks on AF De Zavala note for note. Your arguments are negative and biased. The owner, Doug Beams, and his management staff are the most cordial people in the industry!!! They may not be readily available to serve you at 7:00 in the mornining, but they can easily be reached during their office hours.

Doug also posts his cell phone number, in the event of a complaint or emergency. I am certain he would have addressed your complaints long before you took the initiative to speak poorly of his fitness center and staff. As for you credit billing, you can contact your credit card company with any disputes and they will rectify any wrong charges for you. In contrast to many other gyms, Anytime Fitness De Zavala and Leon Springs are two of the most well kept facilities!

Cleanliness and appearance are the two focuses of Doug the moment he walks into the club. Towel dispensers do run out and spray bottles will break, but there are FOUR OTHER TOWEL DISPENSERS AND FOUR OTHER SPRAY BOTTLES YOU CAN USE UNTIL DOUG ADDRESSES THE PRIMARY ISSUE!!! It is sad how many chose to be the problem and not part of the solution. There are many trainers now, but that is simply to fill the need of members wanting to learn how to change their lives.

All the trainers are respectful to every member's needs. Trainers , by trade, are people who care about the mental and physical health of others. Don't make them out to be hordes of self-serving nomads! As for your comment of " God forbid, they hire another trainer or two." We can agree that "God" would not forbid a profession that educates, motivates, and encourages people to become physically active, eat well, and find inner peace through meditation.

But I am certain that we all agree that "God" does forbid any governing body to promote ethnic cleansing and or genocide.

Such as what we witnessed in Nazi Germany........ Hope you find another gym soon!

I agree with Randy's comment. The Anytime Fitness on DeZavala is by far the cleanest gym I've ever been in.

The owner works out himself so the equipment is always in good repair and nothing is worn out. The staff is friendly and willing to assist when you ask for help.

I don't know what gym this person is talking about but it is not the De Zavala gym. It is the cleanest one in town.

Nothing is ever broken and the owner is there all the time. Sound like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed