Toronto, Ontario
2.2K views

I had to cancel my Anytime Fitness contract because I moved. I went there spoke to the manager and she canceled the membership. The end.

Perhaps If some of you actually read your contract before, during or after you signed it you would not be on here crying like little babies. It is not Anytime Fitness's or any other companies fault you can not read or are too lazy to do so.

If you need help reading I'm sure you can find it at your local community centre. Or if your just too lazy you can keep complaining here about everyone else that should solve the problem.

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Shut the *** up come on here blaming people for not reading a *** contract. You ever think you read it sign it then forget ***.

It is the companies fault to rob you of money and make you jump through hoops to cancel a membership. if you the CUSTOMER want to cancel then you should just be able to call up cancel your account and pay a fee.

Pretty simple. But instead they want to take advantage of people.

"If you need help reading I'm sure you can find it at your local community centre." Wow *** you off you elitist ***.

***

Anytime Fitness is a Joke Snapp is way better its only month to month and no contracts!!! Pluse if you want to cancel your membership its only a month notice and they cancel it after that month no sending in letters and having to call ABC financial which is a joke I call them and wait on the like for 4 or 5 hours no joke!!! Anytime are crooks!!

They dont change there lights on the tanning bed. They dont offer much for the abs, its all mostly leg workouts.

The staff is never,there when they are supposed to be. Dont get suck in diffently not worth it!

I went into the facility and signed a cancellation forum the one that reads " 30DAY CANCELLATION REQUEST" Signed by the Manager its been over 2 months and still there billing company ABC Finacial is still trying to collect. I've called numerous times to speak too Darrell the manager of the Livermore ,Pleasanton and San Ramon store, Darrell actually works in the San Ramon store. To this he has never called me back,go figure!

Funny We cancelled because we were moving and got the run around..and theyre STILL sending us bills three months later. What part of 'we canceled' is not going through-(esp after writtenAND verbal notice.

I joined Anytime Fitness along with my husband and we have had no problems at all. As a matter of fact we both love it.

It's great to be able to go to the gym before work and have almost no one else there. No waiting in line that way.

And the staff at the place is great. :)

@Vicki

Nice free commercial

It's funny how someone would come to PISSEDconsumer.com to write a positve note... Go somewhere else to promote the garbage this company represents...

Interesting. Pretty sure Anytime Fitness is growing strong with over 1,000,000 members.

I'm feeling pretty good that only 2% are complaining on a *** website.

Seems like everyone else is pretty happy. Stop your whining and get on a treadmill.

Do not sign up with this awful company. Believe these people when they tell you that that they are a nightmare, unprofessional, liars and thieves.

If one Anytime Fitness is like that then know that all of them are the same. They are franchised owned but it's the headquarters that allow these owners to treat customers like they do. If the owners are crooks, what do you think the head of the household is like. Like father, like son, like mother, like daughter.

They'Ll take your money but don't ever complain that the hand sanitizer or paper towel is empty or tell them that the sound system on tv or a machine is not working because that's not taken as helpful to make the club better but as a complaint or added work. They want to take your money but they don't want to give you the service. Don't even think of signing up for a personal trainer because the person you signed up with will be gone before you start.

Awful company to do business with. I experienced them and I will make sure my friends and family and their friends and family know about what their business practice.

Cory and the five people writing positive notes on Anytime must work for corporate in Yeehaw Minnesota in their damage control basement. A majority of people that are working out don't have time in their lives to complaint except when they have been pushed and robbed by companies like Anytime Fitness.

This is going on too much and too often in this country. It's consumer voices that will make a difference. I wish I knew this website before I signed up with this awful company.

I'm making sure people are aware of this website. They take your money and that's about it.

It states right in the contract that you must give a 30 day notice of cancellation. That means that when you cancel, you will be responsible for one more payment.

Of course, you can use the gym during this time. READ...YOUR...CONTRACT!

Yeah, you see the problem is-- it wasn't that simple for the rest of us.

If you went there and were told you had to call a number. Called and were told you had to write a letter. Wrote the letter and you're memebership wasn't cancelled and they charged (or attempted to charge) you-- I'd guarantee you'd be "crying".

Oh and I hope this experience wasn't recent, because you may want to check your account if it was.

Maybe you should get your facts straight. Each store is different.

My store you have to call ABC FIN to cancel and then submit a written request which is not completed for 30 days. If you have a payment due within that 30 days you are responsible.

Oh and you're a ***.

Wow - talking about someone being rude. I believe the old saying was if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.