I was interviewed for an Assistant Manager position with the owner Tarik, on Friday October 14, 2016 @ 10am. I was told that I was hired and was asked to begin that day and stay 3 hours for impromptu training with another staff member. I did, staying from 12pm - 3:45pm. I was told I would start Monday October 17, 2016 to train with staff Mon, Tues and possibly Wed; my hours being 10am-7pm; I even received a purple activated key tag to enter the building, as well as a folder with membership forms to practice on, and a list of training completed and to be done. I went home and contacted two potential employers that I was waiting to hear back from that I had obtained a full time position. On Saturday Oct 15, I received an email from staff indicating a change in scheduling and that I would not be coming in on Monday and that she would let me know when to come in. I immediately called Tarik, who told me that I would not start training Oct 17. When I asked when I could expect training to start, he said maybe the following week, that the training would not happen the week I was told. On Oct 17, Tarik called me at 12pm and asked me to come in at 2pm, to which I was not available... Of course I made plans to work cash jobs that week to support myself, and my child, seeing as I was told that I was not working until the following week potentially.

Tarik called me on Oct 20, 2016 and informed me that "due to internal challenges in scheduling, I will not be able to begin training with you for two month. But you are on the top of my list."

He also was not intending to pay me for the hours I worked.

I think it my responsibility to share the complete unprofessional practices of this employer, who own 5 Anytime Fitness locations in Western Canada. I am happy to share all evidence supporting my review if requested.

This person wrote the review because of "as per complaint " at Anytime Fitness and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $378 and wants Anytime Fitness to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was franchise owners attitude. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Anytime Fitness and anytime fitness assistant manager recruitment for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Anytime Fitness?

Comments