I was interviewed for an Assistant Manager position with the owner Tarik, on Friday October 14, 2016 @ 10am. I was told that I was hired and was asked to begin that day and stay 3 hours for impromptu training with another staff member. I did, staying from 12pm - 3:45pm. I was told I would start Monday October 17, 2016 to train with staff Mon, Tues and possibly Wed; my hours being 10am-7pm; I even received a purple activated key tag to enter the building, as well as a folder with membership forms to practice on, and a list of training completed and to be done. I went home and contacted two potential employers that I was waiting to hear back from that I had obtained a full time position. On Saturday Oct 15, I received an email from staff indicating a change in scheduling and that I would not be coming in on Monday and that she would let me know when to come in. I immediately called Tarik, who told me that I would not start training Oct 17. When I asked when I could expect training to start, he said maybe the following week, that the training would not happen the week I was told. On Oct 17, Tarik called me at 12pm and asked me to come in at 2pm, to which I was not available... Of course I made plans to work cash jobs that week to support myself, and my child, seeing as I was told that I was not working until the following week potentially.
Tarik called me on Oct 20, 2016 and informed me that "due to internal challenges in scheduling, I will not be able to begin training with you for two month. But you are on the top of my list."
He also was not intending to pay me for the hours I worked.
I think it my responsibility to share the complete unprofessional practices of this employer, who own 5 Anytime Fitness locations in Western Canada. I am happy to share all evidence supporting my review if requested.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I've been a member at Retro for years and have signed up my family members to..I Went to the Retro in Woodbridge cause I was in the area and unknown..."
- "Totally pissed off that they have the audacity to tell a paying member that they can't use equipment! I've been a faithful member for 7 years but it's time for..."
- "Anytime Fitness is a sketchy money hungry corporation that puts financial gain over customer convienence. If you think it's an easy cancellation process... Think again! If you think it's an..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "You may have seen the ads stream across your social media accounts about some celebrity losing their job because they lost weight (Melissa McCarthy, for example) and all because they..."
- "For my wedding I ordered two suits from MensUSA in one order. For the first suit I was supposed to get size 38L but they sent me 38R though they..."
- "Ok so I went into the Aaron's store on 17th ave SE and seen a leather sectional and got it on a manager special , when I looked at it..."
- "In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy..."