Pico Rivera, California

Anytime fitness is a horrible gym. Besides the fact that you can not get any help from anyone that works there.

They currently did not cancel my membership months ago like they "said they did" and now they are saying that I owe them $129.35. They will not return my calls, respond to my emails and they even ignored my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It is independately owned so no one there has been trained on how to manage the business or how to take care of their customers.

Do not use this gym!!! They are horrible!

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

Look at the BBB website and you will see all the complaints filed on ATF for their billing practices. So if you think consumers are not posting this negative feedback you are sadly mistaken

They are all trained to perform this type of business strategy. Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness are mirror images of each other.

Third party billing to distance themselves from all the negative feedback and complaints, bending and breaking laws with tanning and staffing policies, franchise contracts that heavily favor corporate whether club profits or not, high turnover of employees, compromised service and when it is time to resign from the club, good luck finding a staff member to give your required "in person, in writing" resignation to. BUYER BEWARE!

dsmith3784

It is apparent that none of these responses were written by a consumer. Just goes to show that Anytime Fitness does not care about its consumers.

And to add to the comment “charging their members extra are a result of their own ignorance or unlawful acts.” What it a result is of are employees of Anytime Fitness not knowing their head from their ***. My 6 month contract was up and once they found out I would not be signing another contract with them, they ignored my request to cancel my membership, also ignored my phone calls, did not return my phone messages and ignored my complaint with the BBB. Just goes to show that they knew they were in the wrong and was avoiding the situation. No one forced me to sign a contract but once a consumer signs a contract it is the gyms responsibility to ensure the consumer is happy with their services.

Employees and owners of anytime care nothing about the business just about a weekly paycheck, a place to work and have income. Other gyms like Bodyplex actually care about their consumers and if they are happy with their services so they continue to be customers of their gym. Anytime Fitness tried to screw me out of money that was not owed, therefore I did the most important thing to that company, took business away from them. Word of mouth is a powerful thing, I have several people converted to a new gym and several that were thinking of joining have not.

I doubt that this gym will be in business very long or be very successful. It is a shame and really just a waste of space in my community. I am just thankful that I no longer have to deal with them and have a real gym membership now.

Since this gym has everything I need, friendly and helpful people, therefore I signed a two year contract with them. I am happy now that I made the right decision by only signing a 6 month contract with Anytime Fitness, just thankful I do not have to deal with that type of business anymore.

Chuck Runyon, CEO has allowed this to occur in his company for years. Yes, once again hiring a corporate shill to frequent the complaint websites and post pro-Chuck/Anytime Fitness rhetoric. The shill will criticize any negative feedback and embellish this arrogant and egotistical b_stard. BUYER BEWARE, THIS IS A LOSER!

Feel free to contact Chuck with any pertinent feedback or just to complain.

chuck@anytimefitness.com

janet.w@anytimefitness.com

Ben...Any zee charging their members extra is a result of their own ignorance or unlawful acts. They clearly were not "trained" by corp to do this.

They, like you, are/were inept at running a business..be it fitness, food or any other type. No one forced me to sign an agreement...or you...you did it out of your own free will...as you may not have realized business are a risky venture. Bottom line is 85% of independent small businesses go out of business in the first year...Snap & At are way, way, way less than that. So go ahead and spew your dribble that is so transparent because you failed you can not imagine anyone succeeding.

I am and know of many many other locations doing great...even in the worst economy in decades...once the economy gets humming we'll even do better.

Can't wait for your meaningless, factless, weak response :)

The owner of this Anytime Fitness franchise "graduated" from Anytime University and may have been trained directly by Chuck Runyon, CEO and his gang. The only difference between Anytime Fitness and Snap Fitness are the people training new franchisees and these are Peter Taunton CEO, Bill Rodriguez SALES MANAGER, Gary Findley COO, Ali McElroy COUNSEL or Jason Lintz FITNESS EXPERT???

Several Anytime and Snap Fitness franchisees have performed this "charge extra as often as possible" strategy.

IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. Customer service is thrown out the window! The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are going under. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for many of these 24/7 franchisees!