Boise, Idaho

I got a member ship at the anytime fitness in Shelley,id because I heard such great things about the place.. I have had more problems with them than ever.

I was required to do an automatic withdraw from my account and it seems they can just take as much out as they want when ever they want. I have never had i thought my contract said 26 dollars a month I have never had just that taken out. when I call to ask why they say its service charges.. MY gosh 80.00 in service charges really!!!

I have had 3 payments taken out this month alone all for different amounts I just called and they said they are service charges because the 26 dollars wasnt in the account when they tried taking the money. I was able to prove that there was 26 dollars and more in my account and they NEVER tried taking it they charged me over 90.00 this month and are only going to refund me 39 dollars. WTF..

my advice DONT EVER SIGH UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP!!! they are over priced for what they offer and their customer service SUCKS

Product or Service Mentioned: Anytime Fitness Membership.

Comments

After paying $700 to Karen M. Joseph for 6 months of training and dieting, all hard work just recently came to a screeching halt.

I entered the Tampa Bay Classic competition and since it was so hot that day my hair kept falling flat & the women in my category are judged on their complete appearance?. I left to curl my hair, came back (about 2 hours BEFORE my stage time) ready to take my bag to the entertainer's dressing room when Miss Joseph, in front of my Mother and friends, began her tantrum by asking where I'd been". I began to let her know that I was in the entertainers prep". area instead of the main bathroom because there was no mirror by the outlets in that space and sh cut me off, got progressively louder, and called me inconsiderate, physically lunged at me then pointed her finger in my face! All of out of no where and in front of family and friends?.

Her personality has been questionable from the start, as far as her intentions, but I disregarded everything because she came so highly recommended by a close friend of mine;. This friend also let me know that Miss Joseph had been "nit picking" about really small and unimportant things and telling either full on lies and half truths about what I've been doing/. She's untrustworthy.. One of the friends who've witnessed this said that if it had happened to her, she'd quit too because that type of behavior from someone who's supposed to be a mentor is unacceptable!

Karen told me the next day not to come to a meeting and that she'd be discussing my standing with group with Carrie Pollaro!. I let her know that I don't like working with people who make me feel threatened and don't like me ...and feeling pushed out for no reason and harassed, I told her that we should just call it quits and that i'd discuss my refund with her at a later time. Boy, did I stop getting harassing calls after I mentioned the refund. I haven't gotten it yet and am waiting on this paperwork Carrie told me i'd receive within 30 days. They also have my photo up....still on their page. I got ripped off and I'm still helping them out???? I need legal assistance. I believe Karen chose to pick on me because I'm not an intimidating personality & not married.