Spring, Texas

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE...I called these guys to get into shape right before Christmas and they (Kevin, the new owner, some sales guy Jason) were persistant about me becoming a member even coming to my job several times and talking to co workers. After a couple of weeks I decided working out wasnt for me and called and cancelled.

They of course begged me to stay even telling me prices would go up $50 if I decided to come back later but I completely cut tides with them I thought until March 18th when I was charged a monthly membership fee. I was completely stunned that a club I hadnt used in over 3 months would try and charge my account!!! I understand mistakes happen Im in the customer service business myself but a mistake could be corrected if I could CONTACT anyone at the club (Ive gone up there several times and Ive also called). It seems now the only people I can or contact me are the collection company ABC Financial and they are all about collections not about checking anything especially the amount of time I didnt spend in the gym...This has been a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

At least at a BIG GYM U EXPECT THIS KIND OF STUFF TO HAPPEN!!! If you are looking for a gym find another place...they are just money hungry and you can get better results and save money doing your own type of workouts!!!

Comments

It's all about saving $$$. He, like many other 24 hour franchisees, got sucked into a franchise and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

The corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof? RIGHT! Profitable?

RIGHT! Easy? RIGHT! Don't be too hard on him, he may be trying to survive with an impossible business model.

If he is letting things go to this extreme, he must be close to going under or selling. Hear that? It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now!

I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin