Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4.2K views

I signed my name thinking I fully understood what I was getting myself into with Anytime Fitness. Then through my contract I dealt with equipment that needed maintenance, a tanning bed that I was told that 24 hours but they turned into limited hours, *** old men that worked out there, and a contract that is impossible to get out of.

I'm paying an additional 2 months out of my contract because of their crazy contract policies. Oh and beware of the "free" training sessions....

they expect you to sign up for future sessions that aren't free. This club is way too expensive for what it has to offer, and for a club that prides itself on customer service, there is a complete disregard to its member's problems.

Comments

I still have 2 months left on contract but when I read the cancellation request which I downloaded for the future it is so obvious that I am going to be forced into maybe 2 more months after contract ends.

When people complete their year and think they are no longer members the monthly charge continues. Very unfortunate situation for many who want to move on to another gym.

#831901

I really don't understand why everyone is *** about the contract. Read the *** thing before you sign it.

And in my experience, a lot of gyms don't let you out of it very easily.

And to those *** about the size of the gym.... did you not take a *** tour?

Personally, I like the fact that it's small and I don't have to deal with a bunch of idiots. Has just enough equipment to cover all my training needs.

@anonymous

Well enjoy your overpriced gym. I canceled my son's membership in May 2016.

They finally shut it off in June. Then they restarted it in December.

Stole a *** of money from me.

Oh and then when my son was on leave from the Marines, they charged him $20 in cash at three different gyms. Don't forget they were still taking money out of my account for his membership.

@anonymous

Soooo...do you work there then? And what are you saying, that you can't actually trust what's coming out of the mouth of the employee who signed you up?

If they assured me it's no problem to leave after a year, and a year later I can't actually get out of the contract, it's my fault for not assuming they were lying? Brilliant.

I joined there a year ago and sign a 2 yr contract never once went in didn't have the time and I wanted out of it but I couldn't get out I'm having to pay 800 back and not only tht they want to take me to court for non payment now can they do this or just send it to collections? What's the best thing to do pay it or will they send to collections or do they really send people to court ?

@a former person

@ a former person.....I just got a call from an Attorney stating I was being sued by Anytime for a mambership that only signed up to have for 1 year (this was about 3-4 yrs ago). I paid for the 1 year in full when I signed up.

Three years ago I moved to another state where there are no Anytime Fitness centers in my area. My year membership was over before I moved.

I was wondering what happened with your issue. Did you get it resolved or did they sue.

How the heck they get off not letting anyone out of their contract. I was told it was a year long and then on a month to month.

This place needs to be shut down and sent packing.

I have notified my State A G and I will also cancel my bank card first thing in the morning. It is one thing lying to a consumer but not selling my contract and not letting be out of it is war.

i too want to get out of m contract ...im not going to pay for a service im not using and when i signed the contract i was specifically told that it only ost 50$ to cancel the agreement....now im finding i cant get out if i wanted unless i change residency come up with proof jump through hoops and they still get my 50$ plus a month....im going to take them to my local court....i signed a two year conract an was misled and it may be cheeper just to uy a court date

:( I signed up after I had my son and was told it was month to month but instead I am having trouble getting out of this contract. I need help!

I cant afford this anymore and even if I could the people there suck and are rude..

they are supposed to be there to help you better yourself but instead they just stand around and act like they are better. You may look better than me but you do not have to be rude!

Anytime is the worst gym I have belonged to. They charge more and offer less than anybody else and once you sign a contract forget about customer service, they've got their money and your on your own.

I hate this club, it is a total rip off. Members get little to none for what they are charged compared to other gyms.

Anything and everything is extra $$$. I realized this in less than a week after signing up. I went to cancel my contract 5 days later and was told to see the fine print where it states contracts can only be canceled within 3 days of signing. Isn't standard around 14-30 days?

Not to mention we stated over and over when we signed up that we wanted a month to month contract, but the owner pushed my husband into signing the yearly contract. Never sign a contract with this gym.

Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness and Peter Taunton, CEO of Snap Fitness are all about the $$$. This is prevalent when I was involved and why I am no longer.

Their greed and selfishness is only rivaled by the people they bring to the high levels to join them. Health, fitness, disease prevention, weight loss?

YEAH RIGHT! These companies are posers with franchisee contracts that heavily favor corporate and methodically drain the owners.

VERY WELL PUT! Herein lies the problem.

Consistency, training, experience, staffing, cleanliness, policies, resigning, etc. with these franchised 24 hour clubs. IT'S ALL ABOUT MAKING $$$. The owners of 24 hour club franchises got sucked into it and are learning the hard way about how challenging the fitness industry can be.

As soon as they realize they cannot break even and will be subsidizing the business and see no end in sight, the real fun begins for members! SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! Corporates are making BANK while franchisees are wiping out. Recession proof?

RIGHT! Profitable? RIGHT! Easy?

RIGHT! They may be trying to survive with an impossible business model. Hear that?

It's the circling sound around the drain. Won't be long now for a lot of franchisees!

#119720

Go to Bluemaumau and look up "Anytime Fitness or Snap Fitness" and read what is happening to the 24 hour clubs in regards to staffing, tanning and CPR/AED requirements. I guarantee it will put a smile on your face! :grin

Exactly why us old, *** powerlifters don't go to gyms like Anytime. You women in your Oliva Newton-John outfits *** us out...whew!

The anytime fitness chain is a joke, I have been working for 28 years and am very respectful of equipment. I have never seen a gym with an alarm system inside that is set to go off if noise is made.

I have a friend in the alarm business and he says those sensors only go out 6 feet anyway so since i work out in the back i did not set the alarm off which I was accused of and had my membership cancelled, I asked to review the tape which the owner refused to do. They are franchises and cooperate will do nothing.

My only solace is looking at 3 cars in their parking lot every morning and having to wait in line at Lifestyles. I hope they understand bankruptcy.

You really think it's the club's fault that some of the members creeped you out? Get a life.