Anytime Fitness - Screwed out of $100

My membership was up in November 2013. I went in October 2013 to not renew. The employee took my name and said OK. November comes around and I'm billed $50, the employee then said I didn't give 30 days notice, and that my account was inactive. December 2013 comes around and I'm billed another $50, employee said you didn't give 30 days notice, and that we need a written notice.

I'm out $100, credit card company can't help, wrote a notice had employee sign it, can't wait to see my $50 charge next month.

I'd understand being screwed out of the $50, but the $100 is just theft.

d481c34 review #466205
4 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue1 Comments2 Report
Had an experience with Anytime Fitness?  Submit review about this company
SgtLrm4374

Dec 27, 2013 Minneapolis, Minnesota

you are not the only one who this has happened to - or from the ONLY "health club". I joined "CURVES" in Wisconsin. Lied to by owners/managers of club, monthly fees taken out of checking account - until I CHANGED ACCOUNT from bank! Monthly reimbursement from insurance company not refunded to me because managers LIED and said I did not work out at club (though I had dates & times documented.)

I finally quit going and had my ATTORNEY (my brother) send legal papers threatening to sue to get "some" satisfaction.

Thank you for your review of Anytime Fitness! I WILL NOT JOIN THIS CLUB!!! :(

2 0 Reply

Dec 25, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

No! you cannot make an understanding of being screwed for even $1. Wrong is wrong and you should not let someone take advantage of your silence or fear.

2 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Anytime Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
×