Anytime Fitness - Screwed out of $100

Dec 24, 2013
review #466205

My membership was up in November 2013. I went in October 2013 to not renew. The employee took my name and said OK. November comes around and I'm billed $50, the employee then said I didn't give 30 days notice, and that my account was inactive. December 2013 comes around and I'm billed another $50, employee said you didn't give 30 days notice, and that we need a written notice.

I'm out $100, credit card company can't help, wrote a notice had employee sign it, can't wait to see my $50 charge next month.

I'd understand being screwed out of the $50, but the $100 is just theft.

acc129b
Had an experience with Anytime Fitness?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
SgtLrm4374

Dec 27, 2013 Minneapolis, Minnesota

you are not the only one who this has happened to - or from the ONLY "health club". I joined "CURVES" in Wisconsin. Lied to by owners/managers of club, monthly fees taken out of checking account - until I CHANGED ACCOUNT from bank! Monthly reimbursement from insurance company not refunded to me because managers LIED and said I did not work out at club (though I had dates & times documented.)

I finally quit going and had my ATTORNEY (my brother) send legal papers threatening to sue to get "some" satisfaction.

Thank you for your review of Anytime Fitness! I WILL NOT JOIN THIS CLUB!!! :(

2 0 Reply

Dec 25, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

No! you cannot make an understanding of being screwed for even $1. Wrong is wrong and you should not let someone take advantage of your silence or fear.

2 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Anytime Fitness.
Filing a new complaint about
×